lundi 6 décembre 2010

I knew her like a book



All of a sudden, on my way out to the lobby, I got old Jane Gallagher on the brain again. I got her on, and I couldn't get her off. I sat down in this vomity-looking chair in the lobby and thought about her and Stradlater sitting in that goddam Ed Banky's car, and though I was pretty damn sure old Stradlater hadn't given her the time - I know old Jane like a book - I still couldn't get her off my brain. I knew her like a book. I really did. I mean, besides checkers, she was quite fond of all athletic sports, and after I got to know her, the whole summer long we played tennis together almost every morning and golf almost every afternoon. I really got to know her quite intimately. I don't mean it was anything physical or anything - it wasn't - but we saw each other all the time. You don't always have to get too sexy to get to know a girl.

J. D. Salinger 
The Catcher in The Rye

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire